Changes to Library account passwords
Published on 08 January 2021
In an effort to ensure our systems are secure, changes to password configurations has affected some users.
This may mean that the library password that you have been using is no longer valid and needs to be reset.
You can do this two ways:
- go to www.upperhuttlibrary.co.nz, click on my account and then on Forgot Password link. You will need to use the email address you have registered with us.
- call in to one of our branches, ring us on 04 5272117 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we can reset your password for you temporarily, and assist you in creating your own password using your online account.
If you access third party library apps (Libby, RBDigital, Kanopy, Beamafilm, Pressreader, the Library app, etc.) you may need to reauthorise your account. If you are already logged in, you can go to the settings and add your library account. You may need to log out and then log back in with the app login and then reauthorise your library account that way. The app login is usually an email address and a password created for the app.
Good practice for password creation:
- 8 characters, Minimum length
- 20 characters, Maximum length
- The following must be included
- At least 1 lower case character
- At least 1 numeric character
- At least 1 of the following special characters eg !, @, #, $, %, &, *, (, ), ?, -,+, =