Changes to Pressreader access
Published on 26 October 2019
Changes are coming in the digital distribution of content provided by Stuff Ltd, “Stuff”, in New Zealand libraries. Starting on November 1st 2019, Stuff content will no longer be available to users through the PressReader app across all platforms or outside the library building.
Stuff content is fully accessible to customers through the PressReader website (www.pressreader.com) on any library computer or if they are connected to the library’s public WIFI.
Publishers put a lot of work into their content, and this change reflects the publisher’s wish to maintain ownership of their titles while keeping them freely available to library customers.
Below is a list of the Stuff titles that are affected:
- Sunday Star Times
- Sunday News
- Southland Times (Weekday & Weekend Editions)
- Waikato Times (Weekday & Weekend Editions)
- Dominion Post (Weekday & Weekend Editions)
- The Press (Weekday & Weekend Editions)
- Nelson Mail (Weekday & Weekend Editions)
- Timaru Herald (Weekday & Weekend Editions)
- Manawatu Standard (Weekday & Weekend Editions)
- Taranaki Daily News (Weekday & Weekend Editions)
- Marlborough Express
- TV Guide
- NZ House and Garden
- NZ Gardener
We apologise for any inconvenience. The PressReader team is always working hard to bring libraries and their patron’s access to the world’s most premium, trusted titles – and expect to launch many more in the coming months.